Identity theft lawyers near me: Chicago, IL
Penalties and imprisonment can be stiff when an identity thief is caught in Illinois. Unfortunately, that doesn’t deter many criminals from making every effort to use someone else’s sensitive and personal information for their own gain.
There’s good news
Fortunately, American consumers don't have to be sitting ducks while identity thieves continue their rampage through people’s lives. That’s where Consumer Attorneys comes in. If criminals have victimized you or a loved one through identity theft, you can take the first step toward resolution right now by calling our legal team at 1-877-615-1725 and taking advantage of a free case consultation.
If your credit status, business, bank accounts and/or sanity have suffered, it’s time to take the bull by the horns and move from victim to victor. At Consumer Attorneys, we specialize in remedying identity theft damage to help the people of Illinois get their lives back.
For more than 10 years, we’ve helped clients with a number of issues including not only identity theft concerns, but debt collection intimidation, background check errors, and credit-reporting violations. Consumer Attorneys is based in New York City and we represent clients in state and federal courts throughout the U.S. To date, our efforts have secured more than $100 million in monetary recoveries.
Part of our goal is to maximize compensation for every client who qualifies. We pursue third-party liability. Third-party entities can include banks/lending institutions, merchants, employers, hospitals/health care facilities, creditors, and others who may have partially contributed to a consumer’s loss. We can sue a bank, for example, if it negligently allows an imposter to open an account in someone else’s name and write checks against the account.
Identity thieves leave no stone unturned
Identity thieves are opportunistic; they will pull out all the stops to ensure they can siphon the most money from their unsuspecting victims. Here are a few of the ways they do that:
- Government identity theft: Thieves use your Social Security number, passport, or driver’s license to apply for local or national government benefits including unemployment, disability, food stamps, etc.
- Scam identity theft: You receive an email, call, text, or social media request regarding goods, services, or promises you believe are legitimate but aren’t, and you end up providing your personal information. Contact our legal team now.
- Financial identity theft: Someone takes over your bank account or sets up a new account in your name without your permission. Time is of the essence; we’re here to take your call.
- Data breach identity theft: You receive notification that your personal information was exposed in a data breach or other security incident. Our identity theft lawyers are here to help.
- Medical identity theft: Your medical provider or insurance company notifies you that someone other than you used your medical services. This could involve a variety of health care services including getting prescriptions filled. This type of theft could prevent you from 1) being authorized for critical medications; 2) submitting claims; 3) receiving medical care, and more.
- Criminal identity theft: You receive a court summons or a visit from law enforcement with a warrant for your arrest even though you did nothing wrong. Thieves can provide authorities with stolen personal information during investigations or traffic violations; if the imposter doesn’t appear in court as ordered, an arrest warrant could ensue for the innocent person who belongs to the stolen information. It’s time to take legal action — give us a call!
- Mortgage identity theft: Your home’s title is in someone’s name, but that name isn’t yours. A criminal steals your identity via phishing scams or stolen tax returns or bank records and forges your deed or title documents in an attempt to sell your home or borrow against it.
Having strong legal counsel on your side provides you with not only a potent ally, but something money can’t buy: peace of mind.
We’re in this battle with you
Your Social Security number, credit card numbers or offers, driver’s license number, medical insurance information, reward account numbers, and other sensitive information is constantly vulnerable to identity theft. It’s time to stop these thieves in their tracks.
Our identity theft and legal protection plans include identity monitoring, which constantly scans the dark web and other locations for suspicious activity. We also provide credit monitoring, regularly reviewing our clients’ credit reports and profiles, highlighting unusual activity that could be the first indicator that fraud has occurred and that action is required immediately.
Through Consumer Attorneys, our Illinois clients have 24/7 access to U.S.-based certified identity theft resolution specialists who help navigate identity theft-related issues and put safeguards in place to minimize future damage.
Protect yourself by taking advantage of the legal plan that best suits your needs.
Leader Protection Plan: $9.99/month
- $1 million in identity theft insurance
- Three-bureau credit score/credit monitoring with alerts
- Dark web surveillance and alerts
- Identity monitoring
- High-risk transaction protection
- Compromised credentials monitoring
- Data recovery and device cleanup assistance
- Home internet security restoration
- Email health check
Individual Legal Protection Plan: $79.99/month
- All the benefits of the Leader Protection Plan plus:
- Monthly credit report analysis and managing any necessary dispute letters
- Employment and housing background check report analysis
- Debt collection and harassment protection
- One-hour attorney phone consultation
- Telemarketing/spam harassment protection
Note: We will never charge you any upfront or out-of-pocket fees. Our identity theft attorneys earn compensation through a contingency structure where they receive a portion of monetary recoveries only from cases they win. Consumer Attorneys will put you in touch with an identity theft lawyer team near you who will assess your case and advise you of your next move.
It’s time to breathe easy
Illinois residents can connect with our legal team by:
- Calling 1-877-615-1725 for immediate assistance and a free case consultation
- Filling out our brief contact form or initiating a live chat to share any concerns
- Visiting www.consumerattorneys.com for additional information on all our legal services
- Reaching out to us at email@example.com with any questions, at any time
Justice is served thanks to our evidence-based, expert-led, and solutions-driven strategies!
¿Es usted víctima de los acreedores, los cobradores de deudas o las agencias de información crediticia?
Póngase en contacto con nosotros y le devolveremos su vida financiera a la normalidad.