Identity theft lawyers near me: Miami, FL
Florida is known as the Sunshine State, and rightfully so. Many residents of this exciting vacation destination experience an average of 266 days of sunny skies every year. Unfortunately, there’s a cloud hanging over this beautiful state that isn’t going away anytime soon: identity theft.
Like other Americans all across the country, Florida residents have to deal with their personal and sensitive information being stolen and used for unsavory purposes every day. The aftermath is often devastating for the victims involved.
In one instance, a single perpetrator in Florida stole more than 650 identities, many of which they used to file fraudulent tax returns. When authorities found and arrested her, they discovered that she had a small suitcase filled to the brim with notebooks containing people’s names, birth dates, and Social Security numbers.
A different identity theft rampage in Florida, this one tag-teamed by two people, resulted in statewide identity theft cases that wreaked havoc on its victims. The couple succeeded in stealing hundreds of driver’s licenses and thousands of credit cards. They made high-end purchases on a regular basis with other people’s money.
If identity theft has affected your life, it’s vital that you seek legal counsel as quickly as possible to not only remedy the damage, but to protect yourself against thieves who could come knocking once again. Enter: Consumer Attorneys.
What can I do to protect myself?
If your finances and sanity have been through the wringer due to identity theft, you want to fight this invasion of your life with a powerhouse identity theft lawyer team close to you. The first step involves a quick phone call to +1 877-615-1725. Take advantage of a free case consultation while you’re at it.
At Consumer Attorneys, we connect Florida residents with local identity theft lawyer teams to serve as staunch legal allies. For more than 10 years, Consumer Attorneys has helped clients throughout the U.S. manage struggles like identity theft, debt collection bullying, background check inaccuracies, and credit-reporting mismanagement.
Consumer Attorneys is based in New York City and represents clients in state and federal courts throughout the country. Your identity theft case could entitle you to substantial financial compensation as part of restitution to you as a victim. To date, our efforts have secured more than $100 million in monetary recoveries.
Compensation for identity theft victims in Florida may come from not only the primary perpetrator, but third-party entities, as well. Third parties could include banks/lending institutions, merchants, employers, hospitals/health care facilities, creditors, and others who had a legal obligation to safeguard your personal information but failed to adequately do so.
Identity theft in Florida takes many forms
Obviously identity thieves are crafty, clever, and creative — just in all the wrong ways. They even occasionally use children’s stolen Social Security numbers to open credit card accounts or take out loans. Here are a few examples of the cunning methods identity thieves utilize:
- Government identity theft: Thieves use your Social Security number, passport, or driver’s license to apply for local or national government benefits which could include unemployment, disability, food stamps, etc.
- Scam identity theft: You receive an email, call, text, or social media request regarding goods, services, or promises you believe are legitimate but aren’t, and you end up providing your personal information. Call our legal team now.
- Financial identity theft: Someone takes over your bank account or sets up a new account in your name without your permission. Time is of the essence; we’re here to take your call.
- Data breach identity theft: You receive notification that your personal information was exposed in a data breach or other security incident. Our identity theft lawyers are here to help.
- Medical identity theft: Your medical provider or insurance company notifies you that someone other than you used your medical services. This could involve a variety of health care services including getting prescriptions filled. This type of theft could prevent you from 1) being authorized for critical medications; 2) submitting claims; 3) receiving medical care, and more.
- Criminal identity theft: You receive a court summons or a visit from law enforcement with a warrant for your arrest even though you did nothing wrong. Thieves can provide authorities with stolen personal information during investigations or traffic violations; if the imposter doesn’t appear in court as ordered, an arrest warrant could ensue for the innocent person who belongs to the stolen information. It’s time to take legal action — give us a call!
- Mortgage identity theft: Your home’s title is in someone’s name, and that name isn’t yours. A criminal steals your identity via phishing scams or stolen tax returns or bank records and forges your deed or title documents in an attempt to sell your home or borrow against it.
Consumer Attorneys’ identity theft protection plans offer something money can’t buy: peace of mind.
Legal protection plans precision-designed to protect you
Placing a protective barrier around your Social Security number, credit card numbers/offers, driver’s license number, medical insurance information, reward account numbers, and other sensitive information is now more vital than ever. At Consumer Attorneys, we offer the tools to do just that.
Without strong legal counsel to help you battle your identity theft fiasco, you could find yourself spending hundreds of hours attempting to rectify the mess someone else created in your life. No one needs that kind of exasperation.
Consumer Attorneys’ identity theft and legal protection plans include identity monitoring, which constantly scans the dark web and other locations for suspicious activity. We also provide credit monitoring, regularly reviewing our clients’ credit reports and profiles, highlighting unusual activity that could be the first indicator that fraud has occurred and that action is required immediately.
Our Florida clients enjoy 24/7 access to U.S.-based certified identity theft resolution specialists who help navigate identity theft-related issues and put safeguards in place to minimize future damage. Protect yourself by taking advantage of the legal plan that best suits your needs.
Leader Protection Plan: $9.99/month
- $1 million in identity theft insurance
- Three-bureau credit score/credit monitoring and alerts
- Dark web surveillance and alerts
- Identity monitoring
- High-risk transaction protection
- Compromised credentials monitoring
- Data recovery and device cleanup assistance
- Home internet security restoration
- Email health check
Individual Legal Protection Plan: $79.99/month
- All the benefits of the Leader Protection Plan plus:
- Monthly credit report analysis and managing any necessary dispute letters
- Employment and housing background check report analysis
- Debt collection and harassment protection
- One-hour attorney phone consultation
- Telemarketing/spam harassment protection
Keep in mind: We will never charge you any upfront or out-of-pocket fees. Our identity theft attorneys earn compensation through a contingency fee agreement which allows them to collect a portion of monetary recoveries only from the cases they win. Consumer Attorneys will put you in touch with an identity theft lawyer team near you to assess your case and advise you of your next move.
Let’s get your life back
Florida residents can connect with our legal team by:
- Calling +1 877-615-1725 for immediate assistance and a free case consultation
- Filling out our brief contact form or initiating a live chat to share any concerns
- Reaching out to us at email@example.com with any questions, at any time
Justice is served thanks to our evidenced-based, expert-led, and solutions-driven strategies!
¿Es usted víctima de los acreedores, los cobradores de deudas o las agencias de información crediticia?
Póngase en contacto con nosotros y le devolveremos su vida financiera a la normalidad.