Identity theft lawyers near me: Philadelphia, PA
The state motto for Pennsylvania is “Virtue, Liberty, and Independence,” but that uplifting sentiment can feel hollow pretty quickly when identity theft gets in the way. Pennsylvania takes identity theft very seriously, dealing severely with offenses from internet crimes and forgery to credit card fraud and tax identity theft.
With few exceptions, Pennsylvania state law dictates that prosecutors can charge an identity theft perpetrator with a first-degree misdemeanor if the total value of the stolen property or services is less than $2,000. That’ll net them a fine of $10,000 and a five-year prison term. For identity theft that exceeds a $2,000 value, they’ll get seven years of imprisonment and an even heftier fine. This is what awaits those who think nothing of using someone else’s financial resources for their own personal gain.
Keep in mind, however, that not all victims of identity theft contact the FTC. Many victims immediately reach out to specialized law firms that can help remedy the financial damages and mental anguish their identity thieves have subjected them to. Consumer Attorneys is one such firm.
Contacting an identity theft lawyer is critical
Shockingly, identity thieves aren’t always hackers or strangers who steal mail or wallets; sometimes they turn out to be close friends and relatives. Regardless of who the thief is, contacting an identity theft lawyer as soon as possible is of the utmost importance. Waiting too long will allow the situation to steadily worsen for maximum damage.
Through Consumer Attorneys, our identity theft lawyer teams address a plethora of types of crimes that include fraud or theft associated with
- Credit account takeovers,
- Credit and debit cards,
- Online shopping,
- Mortgages and home titles,
- Driver’s licenses and Social Security numbers,
- Child/senior/medical identities,
- Lost or stolen passports,
- Biometric ID/synthetic identity theft, and much more.
From a destroyed credit history to denied mortgage loans to rejected job applications, the consequences of identity theft can turn your life inside out. The first step toward financial and mental recovery involves a simple call to +1 877-615-1725 to take advantage of a free case consultation.
For more than 10 years, Consumer Attorneys has helped clients throughout the U.S. with not only identity theft, but also debt collection intimidation, background check mistakes, and credit reporting misconduct.
Consumer Attorneys is based in New York City and represents clients in state and federal courts throughout the country. To date, our lawyers’ efforts have secured more than $100 million in monetary recoveries. Your identity theft case could entitle you to substantial financial compensation.
What’s more: Compensation for identity theft victims in Pennsylvania isn’t limited to the main culprit — we can hold third-party entities accountable as well. These entities can include banks/lending institutions, merchants, employers, hospitals/health care facilities, creditors, and others who had a legal obligation to safeguard your personal information and failed to adequately do so.
Identity theft in Pennsylvania runs rampant
Identity thieves will take advantage of any “open doors” they find and use them to pilfer money from unsuspecting victims. Social Security numbers are especially prime targets since they offer an unimaginable number of avenues through which unsavory characters can unlawfully obtain money.
Here are just a few examples of how sneaky identity thieves really are:
- Government identity theft: Thieves use your Social Security number, passport, or driver’s license to apply for local or national government benefits. This could include unemployment, disability, food stamps, etc.
- Scam identity theft: You receive an email, call, text, or social media request regarding goods, services, or promises you believe are legitimate but aren’t, and you end up providing your personal information. It’s time to take legal action — give us a call!
- Financial identity theft: Someone takes over your bank account or sets up a new account in your name without your permission. Time is of the essence; we’re here to take your call.
- Data breach identity theft: You receive notification that your personal information was exposed in a data breach or other security incident. Our identity theft lawyers are here to help.
- Medical identity theft: Your medical provider or insurance company notifies you that someone other than you used your medical services. This could involve a variety of health care services including getting prescriptions filled. This type of theft could prevent you from 1) being authorized for critical medications; 2) submitting claims; 3) receiving medical care, and more.
- Criminal identity theft: You receive a court summons or a visit from law enforcement with a warrant for your arrest even though you did nothing wrong. Thieves can provide authorities with stolen personal information during investigations or traffic violations; if the imposter doesn’t appear in court as ordered, an arrest warrant could ensue for the innocent person who belongs to the stolen information. Call our legal team now.
- Mortgage identity theft: Your home’s title is in someone’s name, but that name isn’t yours. A criminal steals your identity via phishing scams or stolen tax returns or bank records and forges your deed or title documents in an attempt to sell your home or borrow against it.
Consumer Attorneys’ identity theft protection plans offer Pennsylvania consumers something money can’t buy: peace of mind.
Shield yourself from thieves
Putting proactive protections in place to protect your personal and sensitive information is vital. Your Social Security number, credit card numbers/offers, driver’s license number, medical insurance information, reward account numbers, and other private information don’t have to be up for grabs for the next identity thief who makes their way into your life.
At Consumer Attorneys, we offer identity theft and legal protection plans that provide identity monitoring services to constantly scan the dark web and other locations for suspicious activity. We also take care of credit monitoring, regularly reviewing clients’ credit reports and profiles, highlighting unusual activity that could be the first indicator that fraud has occurred and that action is required immediately.
Our Pennsylvania clients enjoy 24/7 access to U.S.-based certified identity theft resolution specialists who help navigate identity theft-related issues and put safeguards in place to minimize future damage.
Protect yourself by taking advantage of the legal plan that best suits your needs.
Leader Protection Plan: $9.99/month
- $1 million in identity theft insurance
- Three-bureau credit score/credit monitoring and alerts
- Dark web surveillance and alerts
- Identity monitoring
- High-risk transaction protection
- Compromised credentials monitoring
- Data recovery and device cleanup assistance
- Home internet security restoration
- Email health check
Individual Legal Protection Plan: $79.99/month
- All the benefits of the Leader Protection Plan plus:
- Monthly credit report analysis and managing any necessary dispute letters
- Employment and housing background check report analysis
- Debt collection and harassment protection
- One-hour attorney phone consultation
- Telemarketing/spam harassment protection
Here’s the kicker: We will never charge you any upfront or out-of-pocket fees. Our identity theft lawyer teams earn compensation via a contingency plan which allows them to receive a portion of monetary recoveries from the cases they win. Consumer Attorneys will put you in touch with an identity theft lawyer near you who will assess your circumstances and advise you of your next move.
You want your life back; we can help
Pennsylvania residents can connect with our legal team by:
- Calling +1 877-615-1725 for immediate assistance and a free case consultation
- Filling out our brief contact form or initiating a live chat to share any concerns
- Reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, at any time
Justice is served thanks to our evidenced-based, expert-led, and solutions-driven strategies!
¿Es usted víctima de los acreedores, los cobradores de deudas o las agencias de información crediticia?
Póngase en contacto con nosotros y le devolveremos su vida financiera a la normalidad.