Identity theft victim lawyers near me: Asbury Park, NJ
Identity theft is a cancer upon every industrialized society in the world. In 2020, Americans lost a whopping $712.4 billion to various forms of identity theft and identity fraud, according to the Aite Group, which detailed their findings in their 2020 report, “US Identity Theft: The Stark Reality.” Staggering theft and fraud figures are due in part to a huge increase in pandemic-related unemployment.
If you or a family member are struggling with identity theft, you’re not alone; the pandemic has created a plethora of additional vulnerability points for every consumer from Hawaii to Maine, Alaska to Florida. Of course, knowing you’re not alone is of little consolation when your credit standing, reputation, business, and sanity are taking a beating.
There’s light at the end of the tunnel, however. Remedies, resolutions, and proactive protections against identity theft are only a phone call away with Consumer Attorneys.
What are the ramifications of identity theft?
The implications of becoming an identity theft victim can be vast and vicious. The psychological and financial impact of identity theft can last for months if you’re lucky, or remain a dark cloud for years to come, depending on the type of identity theft you experience, how successfully the thief is able to exploit his financial targets, and what you do about it.
Financial and emotional hardships can cover the spectrum if you have to 1) attempt to restore your good credit with multiple credit bureaus; 2) work with the Social Security Administration when the thief uses your number to obtain employment; 3) clash with the IRS, which could claim you’re under-reporting your income based on a thief’s use of your Social Security number; 4) figure out how to recover from the takeover of your investment and other financial accounts, which could affect your mortgage, your retirement, and your children’s education ... the list could go on and on.
How can victims fight back?
So what can you do to resolve this ongoing nightmare? It’s actually surprisingly simple: Take advantage of a free case consultation with Consumer Attorneys. Call our legal team at 1-877-615-1725 to immediately put your mind at ease.
Our New Jersey-based identity theft lawyer teams have access to experts in technical fields and other specialized arenas that government and police departments may not be privy to.
As a leading national consumer protection law firm, Consumer Attorneys’ 10+ years of experience has helped clients effectively deal with identity theft concerns, debt collection intimidation, background check errors, and credit report violations.
Consumer Attorneys is based in New York City and represents clients throughout the U.S. in state and federal courts. To date, our efforts have secured more than $100 million in monetary recoveries. We even make a point of investigating possible third-party liability, including lending institutions/banks, merchants, employers, hospitals/health care facilities and others. Some companies’ weak standards and overly aggressive marketing practices — like those at some credit card companies — provide an open door for identity thieves. We can hold these parties liable for damages if we can demonstrate that their negligence facilitated identity theft, resulting in your loss.
Scamming and stealing and forging and breaching
There are many ways New Jersey consumers can fall prey to identity thieves’ sneaky tactics. Here are a few:
- Government identity theft: Thieves use your Social Security number, passport, or driver’s license to apply for local or national government benefits which could include unemployment, disability, food stamps, etc.
- Scam identity theft: You receive an email, call, text, or social media request regarding goods, services, or promises you believe are legitimate but aren’t, and you end up providing your personal information. Call our legal team now.
- Financial identity theft: Someone takes over your bank account or sets up a new account in your name without your permission. Time is of the essence; we’re here to take your call.
- Data breach identity theft: You receive notification that your personal information was exposed in a data breach or other security incident. Our identity theft lawyers are here to help.
- Medical identity theft: Your medical provider or insurance company notifies you that someone other than you used your medical services. This could involve a variety of health care services including getting prescriptions filled. This type of theft could prevent you from 1) being authorized for critical medications; 2) submitting claims; 3) receiving medical care, and more.
- Criminal identity theft: You receive a court summons or a visit from law enforcement with a warrant for your arrest even though you did nothing wrong. Thieves can provide authorities with stolen personal information during investigations or traffic violations; if the imposter doesn’t appear in court as ordered, an arrest warrant could ensue for the innocent person who belongs to the stolen information. It’s time to take legal action — give us a call!
- Mortgage identity theft: Your home’s title is in someone’s name, and that name isn’t yours. A criminal steals your identity via phishing scams or stolen tax returns or bank records and forges your deed or title documents in an attempt to sell your home or borrow against it.
Identity thieves can obtain and utilize your personal information in more ways than you could ever imagine. Fortunately, our New Jersey neighbors can take advantage of Consumer Attorneys’ identity theft protection plans which offer something money can’t buy: peace of mind.
You need proactive prevention
Instead of finding yourself in a reactive mode in the midst of an identity thief’s attack, you can just nip that in the bud. Your Social Security number, credit card numbers/offers, driver’s license number, medical insurance information, reward account numbers, and other information could be up for grabs at any given time. As of 2020, identity theft affected more than 49 million people. You don’t want to be part of those statistics.
Our identity theft and legal protection plans include identity monitoring, which constantly scans the dark web and other locations for suspicious activity. We also provide credit monitoring, regularly reviewing clients’ credit reports and profiles, highlighting unusual activity that could be the first indicator that fraud has occurred and that action is required immediately.
Through Consumer Attorneys, our New Jersey clients enjoy 24/7 access to U.S.-based certified identity theft resolution specialists who help navigate identity theft-related issues and put safeguards in place to minimize future damage.
Protect yourself by taking advantage of the legal plan that best suits your needs.
Leader Protection Plan: $9.99/month
- $1 million in identity theft insurance
- Three-bureau credit score/credit monitoring and alerts
- Dark web surveillance and alerts
- Identity monitoring
- High-risk transaction protection
- Compromised credentials monitoring
- Data recovery and device cleanup assistance
- Home internet security restoration
- Email health check
Individual Legal Protection Plan: $79.99/month
- All the benefits of the Leader Protection Plan plus:
- Monthly credit report analysis and managing any necessary dispute letters
- Employment and housing background check report analysis
- Debt collection and harassment protection
- One-hour attorney phone consultation
- Telemarketing/spam harassment protection
Here’s the kicker: We will never charge you any upfront or out-of-pocket fees. Our identity theft attorneys earn compensation through a contingency fee arrangement based on winning settlements. Consumer Attorneys will put you in touch with an identity theft lawyer team near you who will assess your case and advise you of your next move.
It’s time to fight back
At Consumer Attorneys, we handle every case with the highest degree of care, attention, and efficiency. New Jersey residents can connect with our legal team by:
- Calling 1-877-615-1725 for immediate assistance and a free case consultation
- Filling out our brief contact form or initiating a live chat to share any concerns
- Visiting www.consumerattorneys.com for additional information on all our legal services
- Reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, at any time
Justice is served thanks to our evidenced-based, expert-led, and solutions-driven strategies!
¿Es usted víctima de los acreedores, los cobradores de deudas o las agencias de información crediticia?
Póngase en contacto con nosotros y le devolveremos su vida financiera a la normalidad.