Identity theft defense: Brooklyn, NY
Identity theft is a cancer upon American consumers, from Brooklyn, NY, to Honolulu, HI. Unfortunately, the pandemic has offered increased avenues for identity thieves to infiltrate as many Americans continue to work from home.
Identity thieves are unscrupulous, opportunistic, and smart. If given the slightest advantage, they will target your credit cards, bank accounts, and government benefits, take out loans in your name, and more.
Aside from the financial loss, the ramifications of being victimized can cost hundreds of hours of personal time as you communicate with banks, utility companies, medical facilities, and other entities to sort out all the damage.
A damaged credit report can generate a domino effect
When your credit report is compromised due to a fraudulent account that sneaks in under the radar, you can experience a drop in your credit score by as much as 180 points. As a result, you can have trouble getting a job, being considered for a promotion, getting approval for a rental property, renting a car at the airport, obtaining tax benefits, or receiving a vehicle loan or home loan. Ultimately, identity theft isn’t just about losing money; it’s about losing opportunities regarding every aspect of your life. Enter: Consumer Attorneys.
Your credit report includes your personal identifying information as well as details of every active account you own. It also includes public records and collections information. Make it a habit to regularly get a free credit report from each of the three main credit reporting agencies: TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax. Go to www.annualcreditreport.com and thoroughly examine each of your credit reports to look for any errors - especially errors that might indicate signs of identity theft activity.
Welcome to the light at the end of the tunnel
If you or a loved one have been victimized by identity theft, take the first step toward resolution right now: Call our legal team at +1 877-615-1725 and take advantage of a free case consultation. At Consumer Attorneys, we specialize in defending clients against identity theft and helping those in Brooklyn - and other cities across the U.S. - get their lives back.
For more than 10 years, we have served as an advocate for clients across the country with a number of issues including not only identity theft defense, but debt collection errors and intimidation, background check errors, and credit reporting violations.
Consumer Attorneys is based in New York City and we represent clients in state and federal courts nationwide. To date, our identity theft defense lawyers and other skilled attorneys have secured more than $100 million in monetary recoveries.
Part of our goal is to procure maximum compensation for every client who qualifies. To that end, we pursue third-party liability. Third-party entities can include banks, lending institutions, merchants, employers, hospitals/health care facilities, creditors, and others that, at least partially, may have contributed to a consumer’s loss. We can sue a bank, for example, if it negligently allowed an imposter to open an account in your name and write checks against that account.
Identity theft has many faces
Identity theft isn’t confined to just bank accounts and credit cards. The ever-present opportunities for theft offer a smorgasbord for those who have no conscience. Consider, for example, the following:
- Government identity theft: Someone used your Social Security number, passport, or driver’s license to apply for local or national government benefits including unemployment, disability, food stamps, etc. If you’ve experienced this, it’s time to take legal action. Give us a call!
- Scam identity theft: You received an email, call, text, or social media request regarding goods, services, or promises you believed were legitimate, but weren’t, and you offered up your personal information. You’re not alone. Contact our legal team immediately.
- Financial identity theft: Someone has taken over your bank account or set up a new account in your name without your permission. Time is of the essence - we’re here to take your call!
- Data breach identity theft: You received notification that your personal information was exposed in a data breach or other security incident. Our identity theft defense lawyers are here to help.
- Medical identity theft: Your medical provider or insurance company notified you that someone other than you used your medical services. This could affect your ability to get vital prescriptions, submit claims, or receive medical care. It is critical that you correct the situation quickly. We’ve got your back.
- Criminal identity theft: You received a court summons or a visit from law enforcement with a warrant for your arrest, yet you did nothing wrong. Identity thieves can provide law enforcement with your personal information for use during an investigation or traffic violation. If the imposter doesn’t appear in court as ordered, a judge could issue an arrest warrant for the innocent person whose information was stolen. We can help.
- Mortgage identity theft: Your home’s title is in someone’s name, but it’s no longer your name. A criminal stole your identity - via phishing scams or stolen tax returns or bank records - and forged your deed or title documents in an attempt to sell your home or borrow against it.
Identity theft runs deep. Attempting to tackle this nightmare on your own can backfire, resulting in unintended consequences or severely delayed results. Having identity theft defense lawyers on your side provides you with not only a potent ally, but something money can’t buy: assurance and peace of mind.
Our legal protection plans help you be proactive
Your Social Security number, credit card numbers or offers, driver’s license number, medical insurance information, reward account numbers, and other sensitive information are vulnerable to identity theft. The good news: You can make sure you have a virtual wall built around your financial assets to keep thieves at bay.
Our identity theft and legal protection plans include continuously monitoring the dark web and other locations to look for suspicious activity. They also offer credit monitoring to regularly review the client’s credit report and profile, highlighting unusual activity that could be the first indicator that fraud has occurred and that action is required immediately.
Through Consumer Attorneys, our Brooklyn, NY, clients have 24/7 access to U.S.-based certified identity theft resolution specialists who assist with identity theft issues and put proper safeguards in place to minimize future damage.
Take advantage of the identity theft/legal protection plan that best suits your needs. When you sign up for any plan, you receive a three-bureau credit report and score as well as three-bureau credit monitoring for Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.
Leader Protection Plan — $9.99/month
- $1 million in identity theft insurance
- Three-bureau credit score/credit monitoring and alerts
- Dark web surveillance and alerts
- Identity monitoring
- High-risk transaction protection
- Compromised credentials monitoring
- Data recovery and device cleanup assistance
- Home internet security restoration
- Email health check
Individual Legal Protection Plan — $79.99/month
This plan includes all the benefits of our Leader Protection Plan plus:
- Monthly credit report analysis and organizing any necessary dispute letters
- Employment and housing background check report analysis
- Debt collection and harassment protection
- One-hour attorney phone consultation
- Telemarketing/spam harassment protection
- Class action support
- And more!
Please note: As our client, you will never pay any upfront or out-of-pocket fees. Our identity theft defense lawyers in Brooklyn, NY, earn compensation out of a portion of monetary recoveries from cases they win.
Consumer Attorneys will put you in touch with an identity theft defense lawyer team near you who will assess your circumstances and advise you of your next move forward.
Empower yourself - contact our team!
Brooklyn, NY, residents can connect with our legal team by:
- Calling +1 877-615-1725 for immediate assistance and a free case consultation
- Filling out our brief contact form or initiating a live chat to share any concerns
- Reaching out to us at email@example.com with any questions, at any time
Justice is served for our Brooklyn clients thanks to our evidence-based, expert-led, and solutions-driven strategies!
Are you violated by creditors, debt collectors, or credit reporting agencies?
Call us, and we will restore your financial life back to normal.