Identity theft lawyers near me: Asbury Park, NJ
It’s common knowledge that consumers’ Social Security numbers are the juiciest morsels of information that identity thieves hunt. An ill-gotten Social Security number alone can wreak an incredible amount of damage — thieves can rake in hundreds of thousands of dollars or more from bank accounts, investment accounts, and other financial targets.
What many people aren’t aware of is the fact that identity theft is an equal-opportunity destroyer — both adults and children regularly fall victim to this incredibly invasive attack. Identity thieves use children’s numbers to 1) file false tax returns; 2) illegitimately claim children for tax credit purposes; and 3) build fraudulent credit files, applying for credit and taking out loans.
Whether it’s an adult or child’s financial future in danger, millions of Americans experience this outrage every year. Overall, 33% of U.S. adults have experienced identity theft, more than 25% of whom are 55 years and older. Interestingly, that’s more than twice the worldwide average.
The light at the end of the tunnel
Though identity theft is one of the fastest-growing crimes in the U.S. and shows no signs of slowing down, New Jersey consumers have access to powerhouse identity theft lawyer teams through Consumer Attorneys.
At Consumer Attorneys, we turn tension and dread into assurance and peace of mind for our New Jersey neighbors. We encourage you to take the first step: Contact our team for a free case consultation at +1 877-615-1725 to immediately put your mind at ease.
On average, it can take up to 200 hours over a six-month period to undo identity theft. Don’t face this nightmare on your own! Consumer Attorneys can connect you with an identity theft lawyer team near you in New Jersey that will lift the burden off your shoulders.
Consumer Attorneys is a leading national consumer protection law firm. Our experience spans more than 10 years spent helping our clients battle identity theft challenges, debt collection intimidation, background check blunders, and credit report abuses.
Based in New York City, Consumer Attorneys represents clients throughout the U.S. in state and federal courts. Our efforts have generated more than $100 million in financial recoveries. We pursue third-party liability that can involve banks, merchants, employers, hospitals, creditors, and others. We can sue third-party entities that process fraudulent transactions on our clients’ behalf if we can prove that they owe a “duty of care” to the identity theft victim.
Identity thieves know the tricks of the trade
How many ways can an identity thief steal your money and ruin your credit? More than you might think. Cybercriminals are diversifying their targets to stealthily commit theft and fraud. Here are just a few ways they can victimize New Jersey consumers:
Government identity theft: Thieves use your Social Security number, passport, or driver’s license to apply for government benefits locally or nationally for unemployment, disability, food stamps, etc.
- Scam identity theft: You receive an email, call, text, or social media request regarding goods, services, or promises you believe are legitimate but aren’t, and you end up providing your personal information. Call our legal team now.
- Financial identity theft: Someone takes over your bank account or sets up a new account in your name without your permission. Time is of the essence; we’re here to take your call.
- Data breach identity theft: You receive notification that your personal information was exposed in a data breach or other security incident. Our identity theft lawyers are here to help.
- Medical identity theft: Your medical provider or insurance company notifies you that someone other than you was using your medical services. This could involve a variety of health care services including getting prescriptions filled. This type of theft could prevent you from 1) being authorized for critical medications; 2) submitting claims; 3) receiving medical care, and more. It’s time to take legal action — give us a call!
- Criminal identity theft: You receive a court summons or a visit from law enforcement with a warrant for your arrest, even though you did nothing wrong. Thieves can provide authorities with stolen personal information during investigations or traffic violations; if the imposter doesn’t appear in court as ordered, an arrest warrant could ensue for the innocent person who belongs to the stolen information.
- Mortgage identity theft: Your home’s title is suddenly in someone’s name, and that name isn’t yours. A criminal steals your identity via phishing scams or stolen tax returns or bank records and forges your deed or title documents in an attempt to sell your home or borrow against it.
Let’s stop thieves in their tracks
Don’t get caught unprepared for identity theft. In ancient warfare practices, infantry would surround themselves with battle shields to provide protection against the enemy. You can do the same, figuratively speaking. The last thing you need is to leave your Social Security number, credit card numbers/offers, driver’s license number, medical insurance information, reward account numbers, and other information vulnerable to the modern day enemy who is waiting to steal your finances and your sanity.
Consumer Attorneys’ identity theft and legal protection plans include identity monitoring, which constantly scans the dark web and other locations for suspicious activity. We also keep constant tabs on your credit report and profile, highlighting unusual activity that could be the first indicator that fraud has occurred and that action is required immediately.
We offer our New Jersey clients 24/7 access to U.S.-based certified identity theft resolution specialists who help navigate identity theft-related issues and put safeguards in place to minimize future damage.
Protect yourself by taking advantage of the legal plan that best suits your needs.
Leader Protection Plan: $9.99/month
- $1 million in identity theft insurance
- Three-bureau credit score/credit monitoring with alerts
- Dark web surveillance and alerts
- Identity monitoring
- High-risk transaction protection
- Compromised credentials monitoring
- Data recovery and device cleanup assistance
- Home internet security restoration
- Email health check
Individual Legal Protection Plan: $79.99/month
- All the benefits of the Leader Protection Plan plus:
- Monthly credit report analysis and managing any necessary dispute letters
- Employment and housing background check report analysis
- Debt collection and harassment protection
- One-hour attorney phone consultation
- Telemarketing/spam harassment protection
Keep in mind: We will never charge you any upfront or out-of-pocket fees. Our identity theft lawyer teams earn compensation through a contingency-fee arrangement based on successfully representing our clients. Consumer Attorneys will put you in touch with identity theft lawyers near you to assess your case and advise you of your next move.
Move from victim to victor
New Jersey residents can connect with our legal team by:
- Calling +1 877-615-1725 for immediate assistance and a free case consultation
- Filling out our brief contact form or initiating a live chat to share any concerns
- Reaching out to us at email@example.com with any questions, at any time
Justice is served with our evidenced-based, expert-led, and solutions-driven strategies!
Are you violated by creditors, debt collectors, or credit reporting agencies?
Call us, and we will restore your financial life back to normal.